Sunday, September 27, 2015

It is 8:34 am. Today was the first morning since I can remember that I didn’t wake up throwing up. It is probably because I am still on Cloud NINE from yesterday. I really don’t care why I didn’t wake up sick, I’m just glad I didn’t wake up sick. I just got home from taking Koi to work, so I figured I would take some time and write about my day yesterday.

The Hoops for Hope event was unbelievable. It was seriously one of the best days of my life. It was amazing to see how the community came together in support of my cause. There were people in attendance that I have met over the years that knew nothing about basketball, but came out to support me anyway.  And I am not talking about a handful of people either. A LOT of people who I met outside of basketball came out. It is crazy because a lot of times people will get invited to things and they will say they will show up… but they really had no intention of going and do not show up. I was kind of scared that may happen. It seems like pretty much everyone who told me that they were going to come, actually came. To know that it was for me, and to know that a lot of them have no interest in basketball makes me extremely grateful. I was also extremely grateful and humbled to have met so many people that I didn't know before yesterday, but who had a genuine interest in me and my cause. Again, words cannot conceptualize how everything made me feel. 

The basketball portion of it was absolutely unbelievable. My good friend Toomey Anderson set everything up. I must say, Toomey knows how to organize a first class event. He got the best high school basketball players from the Lehigh Valley and beyond to participate in a showcase. He didn’t just get some random players either. He really got a “who’s who” of high school basketball talent throughout the area to participate. Not only did he have the kids competing against each other in front of college coaches, he also had the kids in classrooms being spoken to by the coaches and former players. The coaches went over academic requirements, college life, and gave some good insight as to what these kids should expect as they become student athletes at the next level. Toomey also brought in a bunch of former successful college and professional players to provide some insight and perspective on what the kids were going to encounter from a players perspective. When Toomey first approached me about doing this fundraiser, I told him that I wanted the focus to be on the kids and that I wanted it to be a positive learning experience. Toomey could have not done a better job of making that happen.

Toomey did not stop there though. He had Bethlehem native, Liberty and Villanova graduate, and current member of the NBA’s Detroit Pistons Darrun Hilliard II attend the event. Darrun, known locally as “Money,” was such a positive contribution to the day. He spoke to the kids, giving them a wonderful speech on what it takes to be successful in whatever endeavors that they are trying to achieve. Money has great character, is extremely humble, and is a very hard worker. He is the perfect person to represent the Lehigh Valley in the NBA. This man could have been preparing for training camp, resting, or doing something else with his time. But again showing the type of person he is, Money instead donated his time in an effort to make the lives of children better and to bring attention to an important cause. That speaks volumes about him as a man.  He answered questions for the kids, donated a basketball for a raffle, and must have taken hundreds of pictures with pretty much everyone in attendance. If you know me you know that I am an observer… and observing how he carries himself and how he handled the day was quite remarkable. I am so proud and thankful it was him that made it to the NBA, and it was him that was so willing to represent me and my fight against cancer. I am excited for his NBA career to begin, because I know with his character and work ethic he is going to create his own path and ultimately find a way to be successful.

Again, the event was just so wonderful. I think the best part for me was just seeing all of the interactions among people within the community. Allentown has developed a reputation for being divided and not being as tight knit of a community as it once was or as tight as other communities may be. I must say in my years growing up, I have seen those behaviors play out first hand. Everyone kind of wants to get theirs, and doesn’t really have a concern for the next man. But seeing how everyone was interacting yesterday and how everyone has kind of rallied around my cause makes me think that we really can change that. I think we can bring Allentown back. I think we really can become a community again. Just look at my situation. Collectively the donations I have received have been tremendous and are going to go a long way in me regaining some resemblance of financial normalcy once this is over. I eventually will be able to send my daughter to college and live a normal life. There is no way I would have been in this situation without the help of others. We need to expand on this. We need to help EVERYONE, and not just me. Everyone’s cause needs to be addressed. Before I got sick, my silent partner and I were throwing around the idea of starting a community based non-profit organization. She said I knew a lot of people in the community, and that I could use those connections and resources to do a lot of good for people in need. While I told her yes I do know a lot of people, I didn’t know how much influence my voice and my name had. After seeing how people have responded and banded together in response to my cause, I feel like she was right and I feel like there is an area of opportunity there that I need to tap into. Once I beat this cancer, it is going to be my mission in life to pay it forward and help others from my community who are in need. I have been truly inspired by everyone, and I feel it is my duty and my responsibility to step into a leadership role and to help out as many people from this city as I can. If anyone wants to bounce any ideas off of me or be a part of making moves, feel free to let me know.

I again want to thank everyone who volunteered their time at the Hopes for Hope event yesterday, and everyone who came out to show their support. Once I beat this disease I am going to have a celebration, and everyone is going to be invited. That is one of the reasons I wanted the names of everyone in attendance yesterday. Every single card, donation, hug, and kind word matters to me. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I have been extremely emotional throughout this process, and I couldn’t help but break down last night while sitting on my toilet just thinking about the day and my situation in its entirety. Cancer really showed me how much I am loved, and is really bringing my community together. It is crazy. If that is what it takes, then so be it. I am turning this negative into a positive. 

Today is going to be my last day of normalcy for a while, being that I have Chemotherapy tomorrow morning. This is my last one. My voice is already pretty much gone and I can no longer eat through my mouth, so I am going to be at my absolute worst during this process this week. But this week is also the end. I have six more radiation treatments with my last one being next Monday. This week I am going to be as bad as I am going to get, but then I am going to get better. After a few weeks I am going to have another PET scan done, and hopefully the Cancer will be in remission. That is the hope. I hope it doesn’t metastasize or it hasn’t spread. I really want to live. I am confident that it hasn’t though and I am going to be alright. We will see though.


Anyway…  I figured I would end this post with some pictures and videos from yesterday. What a day.  


Toomey started things off with a speech... 


Old friends volunteering <3


One of many new friends I met


Classroom session



Bethlehem native, Liberty and Villanova graduate, and current NBA player Darrun "Money" Hilliard II speaking to the children


This little girl is the daughter of my late friend Tarrell Hardmon. She wanted to give the card she made to me personally as opposed to having it given to me with all of the others. She is so sweet. Her father would have been so proud. 


Toomey, Myself, Money, Jon


Family


Me and My baby just chilling


Cheese and Madison participating


Latrell looking tired


Toomey... the man who put everything together


Toomey talking to the kids







 People everywhere


Resting


Toomey's cousin Bart made this beautiful painting for me


Friends

What a great day. Thanks again to everyone who participated. I am going to relax for the remainder of my day. BIG day tomorrow. I will be in touch when I can. I love ya'll

-Kyle



6 comments:

  1. Yesterday was just great! Toomey did a great job putting it together, all the volunteers did an awesome job driving it but all the supporters did a marvelous job making it happen. I am so grateful to have been able to be a part of it. Your community loves you and needs you Kyle! Just want you to know that I am all in to help you bring Allentown back! In the meantime, get your rest and beat Cancer!!!! You'll be back stronger than ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I GOT CURED FROM HERPES WITHIN 14 DAYS, AFTER USING DR Ojoka HERBAL MEDICINE. am out here to testify about how Dr Ojoka cured my (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs which were expensive to treat the virus but to no avail. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ojoka them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me which i first thought wont solve anything but later i gave it a try and it seriously worked, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for herpes and also no genuine spell caster that is Not true just contact him and get cured today Dr Ojoka spell shrine can cure all kinds of sickness.Remember delay in treatment leads to death email him (dr.ojokarootandherbal@gmail com}. HE IS ALSO SPECIALIZED IN THE TREATMENT OF VARIOUS AILMENT 1 HIV/AIDS VIRUS 2 CANCER DISEASE 3 TUMOR DISEASE ETC 4 HEPATITIS 5 KIDNEY PROBLEM 6 MASTURBATION 7 WEAK ERECTION EMAIL HIM TODAY whatsapp him +2348144172934 check his blog: https://perfectherbalcure.blogspot.com/  check his blog: https://penisherbalenlarge.blogspot.com/ FB page https://www.facebook.com/Sayo-Herbal-Healer-100145798345000/  
























































































































      I GOT CURED FROM HERPES WITHIN 14 DAYS, AFTER USING DR Ojoka HERBAL MEDICINE. am out here to testify about how Dr Ojoka cured my (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs which were expensive to treat the virus but to no avail. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ojoka them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me which i first thought wont solve anything but later i gave it a try and it seriously worked, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that their is no cure for herpes and also no genuine spell caster that is Not true just contact him and get cured today Dr Ojoka spell shrine can cure all kinds of sickness.Remember delay in treatment leads to death email him (dr.ojokarootandherbal@gmail com}. HE IS ALSO SPECIALIZED IN THE TREATMENT OF VARIOUS AILMENT 1 HIV/AIDS VIRUS 2 CANCER DISEASE 3 TUMOR DISEASE ETC 4 HEPATITIS 5 KIDNEY PROBLEM 6 MASTURBATION 7 WEAK ERECTION EMAIL HIM TODAY whatsapp him +2348144172934 check his blog: https://perfectherbalcure.blogspot.com/  check his blog: https://penisherbalenlarge.blogspot.com/ FB page https://www.facebook.com/Sayo-Herbal-Healer-100145798345000/  

      Delete
  2. I contracted hpv' i was told there is no hpv cure except treatment to control it, i totally lost of hope all i could think loosing my life because it was so embarrass for been hpv patient. some weeks ago i read possible natural cure which was guarantee And I ordered the treatment after one week i got 100% cure. I'm so excited to shear this testimony to every article for others living with hpv there is possible natural treatment to eliminate the virus email Dr Onokun, his herbal clinic address; Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greatest thanks to Dr Oyagu for his herbal drugs that he prepared for me and when i start using it in just 2weeks i was completely cured and that ended my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE i am so happy and grateful to Dr Oyagu . after reading about him on a testimony of Jason Cash on a blogger. i knew suddenly Dr Oyagu was the right Doctor to cure my HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 DISEASE. i discuss with Dr Oyagu and he prepared a herbal medicine for me and when it got sent to me in south korean . i used the herbal medicine and 2weeks and i went to check up again. after 15years of suffering from HERPES SIMPLEX 1&2 at last i am smiling once again. Dr Oyagu also has remedy to others disease like COLD SORES,HIV/AIDS,DIABETES.CANCER,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND MANY MORE. I oblige everyone to contact this powerful herbalist Dr Oyagu and be free from your suffering. contact his WhatsApp line: +2348101755322 or his Email:Oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Everyone out there,I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist doctor who helped me . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS in 2011, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him at {oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com}
    or whatsapp him number: +2349038382931.
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck!

    Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:
    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES 1/2
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
    5. Hepatitis B
    6. chronic pancreatic
    7. Emphysema
    8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called DR EMU, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of DR EMU, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

    Contact him via email Emutemple@gmail.com
    What's app +2347012841542
    Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete